Wednesday, May 5

What happened to the MR2?

Don't worry, it's still doing fine. This semester was a tough one, plus nobody felt like hiring me for part-time work. So cash was quite scarce, meaning that the MR2 didn't get the love it deserved.

However, while digging through the State Street Junkyard, I came across an MR2, heaped on top of a Celica GT-S (a wonderful car, by the way.) Somebody had already taken most of the good stuff, but I did find a few valuable parts.

1) A trunk helper spring, to keep my rear trunk from falling down when open
2) The hard-to-find C-pillar speaker covers!

MR2's were originally sold with only two speakers, located on the dashboard just beneath the windshield. In later years, they were offered with two additional speakers, located just behind your head on the C-pillars. I believe it was an extra-cost option.

It looked like someone else had tried to pry them off, but I succeeded. Since my stereo is already wired for rear speakers, I just need to buy some and install them in the fall.

Total cost at the junkyard: $10

Right now, the MR2 is in Utah, anxiously awaiting my return in a top-secret, high security bunker. I do miss it, but there are good things in store for me here in NH. Stay tuned for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment