Monday, January 11

2010 Update

Being out of a job, there just isn't money to put towards my car right now. But for Christmas, my parents bought me two new rear tires. They're wonderful. I now have brand new rubber on all four corners, what a difference it makes! It's quieter, smoother, and handles great. Thanks, Mom & Dad!

Now, judging by the slowly decreasing fuel mileage here in Utah, methinks it is time for a major tune-up - the first I've done since buying the car. I'm sure that having the car stored for three years then driving cross-country for a week and a half didn't help much.

With the hope that I'll find a job soon, expect some details of a spring tune-up to appear on the blog. Items of business include the ignition system, valve clearance adjustment with a new valve cover gasket, air filter, transaxle fluid change, and a new throttle position sensor (as mine is dying), among other odds and ends.

Great news - the local car graveyard has an MR2 in a convenient location. Among other parts still on it, it has the C-pillar speakers available on post '87 MR2's. I'm more than a little excited to snag those before someone else does as my car is already wired for rear speakers.

That's the news. Until next time (when I have more $)!

No comments:

Post a Comment